Who is CHRI?
The Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI) is an independent and nonpartisan not-for-profit organization that documents rights violations in Iran and holds the Iranian government accountable to its domestic and international human rights obligations.
Headquartered in New York, CHRI is comprised of award-winning journalists, researchers, lawyers, and activists based around the world who amplify the demands of the Iranian people and advocate their rights and freedoms.
What does CHRI do?
Since 2008, the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI), formerly the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran, has been researching and documenting human rights violations throughout the country.
We rely on primary sources inside Iran to report on events and issues that would otherwise go uncovered, channeling our research and analysis into press releases, articles, in-depth reports, videos and other multimedia products.
CHRI engages in extensive media outreach around the globe to raise public awareness of human rights issues in Iran, and intensive international advocacy to build strategic coalitions that will advance human rights initiatives in Iran.
Who is CHRI’s audience?
Government and UN officials worldwide, media leaders, NGOs, responsible corporate leaders and concerned citizens around the world and inside Iran.
What is CHRI’s reach?
- CHRI received over 4000 international media citations in 2020.
- In 2020, CHRI published hundreds of articles on human rights issues and press releases on urgent developments, all in both English and Persian, directly distributed to over 4,000 government, UN, NGO and media leaders worldwide.
- CHRI’s in-depth reports are comprehensive sources of detailed information and analysis on critical rights issues.
- CHRI’s Fact Sheets highlight information on key human rights issues in a concise, accessible formats.
- CHRI reaches as many as one million people a month through its Persian and English social media (see our Facebook, Persian Twitter, English Twitter, Persian Instagram, English Instagram)
Who do I contact for a comment or interview?
Contact our media department by emailing media[at]iranhumanrights.org or calling 1-347-689-7782 with your inquiry and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I help?
Donate by clicking here at any level possible to help support the struggle for human rights in Iran. CHRI is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, making your donation fully tax-deductible.
How can I learn more about CHRI?
- Visit our website at: iranhumanrights.org and share our content on social media networks
- View our latest media alerts at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/press-releases/
- See CHRI media mentions here: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/media/in-the-media-2018/
- View the latest human rights news from Iran at:
- View our Factsheets at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/2018/10/fact-sheets-and-infographics-on-human-rights-in-iran/
- View our GIFs and graphics at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/animated-gifs/
- View our series of posters on political prisoners at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/shareable-graphics-of-iranian-political-prisoners/
- Watch CHRI’s videos at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/multimedia/video/
- Peruse CHRI’s in-depth reports at: https://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/publications/
- Follow CHRI on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/iranhumanrights.org/
- Follow CHRI on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/ICHRI
- Follow CHRI on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/centerforhumanrights/